Wednesday, March 19, 2008

In honor of...


I've been skating quite a bit despite the snow and cold. While indoor skateparks are not my fav they work in a pinch. Now the weather is warming up so I can go out to the local parks here in Denver and adapt all my skatelite learning to concrete. Unfortunately, one thing I will now be doing more of is "kick, push" due to the loss of a great skate buddy named Max. Max was my 'tow dog'. He was a boxer that loved nothing more than to get a leash on and pull me and my longboard around the park full speed ahead. While he had never been on a board and I think maybe only at the actual skate park once or twice he really was one of the best skate buddies. Of course, I miss him for many more reasons than our runs around the park, but I'm particularly going to miss him when I pull out the longboard. Anyway, I just wanted to recognize him here, because he was a lot of fun to skate with.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My condolences. With words like those there isn't a doubt in mind that he was very close to your heart. There is no need for me to tell you to remember him and the good times, as I'm sure you will.

A dog that isn't shy or barking mad in the presence of skate/longboards is a rare one.

I love your blog. You've proven to me that there are people that associate skating with other things than Bam Magerra getting wasted.

All the best!
-Jacob.