Wednesday, June 6, 2007

It finally happened...

I decided that I was going to start commuting to work via light rail, and that I'd get to light rail via longboard. It's been a really good source of exercise and I'm getting better at my longboard again. I've grown so used to my short board that my longboard feels weird. Anyhow, I was riding my longboard back to the train station this afternoon. I usually stay on the side walks, but after I cross out of the park there is a fairly unused street right near some shops that I use. A man came out of one of the offices and started telling about how there is no skateboarding there. Yeah! At me! A 38 year old mother of two on a long board! I told him he was really barking up the wrong tree since I was on public property. He pointed out some silly signs that say no skateboarding (on the side walk.) I have to say I was really both angry at this moron because I missed my train and laughing at him for yelling at me like I was trying to ollie one of his fancy marble benches. Whatever. I'm not going to stop longboarding on a public street. I'm such a badass...hahaha!!

No comments: