Thursday, September 6, 2007

Women Friendly Skate Companies ONLY


For some time now (since I've been skating) it's been apparent that women are not well represented in the skater world. We do get blurbs now and then, here and there, but for the most part we are pretty invisible. Pick up a skateboard magazine and the only women you are likely to see are bimbo'd out babes trying to sell product to teenage boys, or in the unfortunate recent case an obese mother being told to have another twinkie. And all of that is fine. It's private industry advertising their product they way they want. The good thing is that I don't have to buy products that hate on women and don't support women skaters. So, that's just what I'm doing. In the near future I will be posting links and giving information to female skater friendly sites, products and groups.

I'm not saying down with the man (or panda) at all. I'm just saying that if the man doesn't want to highlight women in a positive light I don't have to give him my hard earned dollars.

No comments: